This recipe is amazing! Very easy to put together and looks so elegant when it was done. It was very flavorful! I think next time I make it, I may stuff some fresh sage or rosemary in with the asparagus and cheese. This is a real winner and it will be on the repeat menu.
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed – divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs (GF)
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 spears of asparagus down the center of a chicken breast, and spread about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the asparagus. Repeat with the other chicken breast, and roll the chicken around the asparagus and cheese to make a tidy, compact roll. Place the rolls seam sides down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories: 390 kcal
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbs: 13.3g
- Protein: 57.4 g
- Cholesterol: 147 mg
- Sodium: 581 mg
Original recipe from Allrecipes