We have tried two versions of Avocado Wontons filled appetizers and this was one. Very tasty!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- ½ tablespoon minced cilantro
- oil for frying
Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon cilantro (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small blender & process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat about ½” vegetable oil in a pan.
- Combine diced avocado & lime juice. Toss with sundried tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- Working with one at a time, place about 1 tablespoon of filling on each wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Fold diagonally and seal shut by pinching the edges.
- Test the oil with a small piece of wonton wrapper. When added it should float and bubble.
- Once hot enough, add filled wontons a few at a time. Cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.