Today we have been back on track with our meals and tonight we tried a new recipe from Fitness magazine call Beef and Bok Choy Stir Fry. This meal was quick and very tasty. The bok choy always seems to hit the spot with soy sauce and honey. Ted and I really loved this and had it with a couple mini vegetable egg rolls and served on rice. Wonderful meal!
Serves 4 25-30 minutes to prepare
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sherry
- 2 cups microwavable jasmine or basmati rice
- 4 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- 2 jalapenos, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- To make the marinade, whisk together soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil and sherry in a large bowl. Heat rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large wok over high heat until very hot, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season steak with salt and pepper and add to wok; stir-fry until browned on the outside but rare in the center, about 4 minutes. Transfer steak to marinade and toss to coat.
- Add remaining peanut oil and the bok choy, jalapenos, scallions and honey to wok. Stir-fry until bok choy is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Return steak and marinade to wok and cook about 2 minutes for medium rare, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 350 cal., 14 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 543 mg sodium, 35 g carb. (3 g fiber), 20 g pro.