This recipe was very easy to make and smelled so wonderful while cooking. Ted and I really enjoyed it very much but we are fans of anything bacon! The kohlrabi is one of those great vegetables that takes on the flavors of other foods so it was very bacon flavored for sure! I love the spiralizer for veggies!!
Serves 4 10 minutes prep time Cook time 20 minutes
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 large red onion, Blade A
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzle
- 2 large kohlrabis, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is heated, add in the bacon strips and cook until crispy, 7-10 minutes, tossing halfway through. When bacon is done, set aside (using pasta tongs) on a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour out half of the bacon grease and then immediately add in the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook the onions until caramelized, 10-15 minutes. If the onions stick to the bottom of the pan, add splashes of chicken broth if needed.
- Once the onions are done, wipe down the skillet carefully. Then, add in the olive oil and then kohlrabi noodles. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes or until kohlrabi wilts down and is cooked to your preference. Add the onions and crumble in the bacon and toss well to combine.
- Divide the pasta into four bowls and garnish with an extra drizzle of olive oil (if desired) and shaved parmesan.