This meatless version of stuffed peppers was absolutely delicious. I used basmati rice and it was so fluffy and just went well with the cheese and spinach. A perfect meatless Monday meal!
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, avocado)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 (6 oz) package of fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (or try fresh!)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 bell peppers
- fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Cook rice in water until fluffy via your favorite method: stovetop, rice cooker, or pressure cooker.
- Depending on method chosen this will take 10 (pressure cooker) to 20 (rice cooker + stovetop) minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet with oil and sauté garlic and spinach until tender and fragrant.
- Season with basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add cheese, saving a little extra for topping if desired.
- Stir in your rice and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Slice your peppers in half, removing the veins, stems, and seeds.
- Stuff liberally with cheesy spinach and rice filling.
Original recipe from Peas and Crayons.