This recipe was so quick to make but tastes like you worked for hours on it! The cream sauce is very light. The sherry flavor with the mushrooms is mouth watering good! Ted and I both agreed this is a real keeper. It will be on the menu again!
- 4- 3-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth, or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- 1 Season chicken with pepper and salt on both sides.
- 2 Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice and adjusting the heat to prevent burning, until brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 3 Add shallot to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Pour in vermouth (or wine); simmer until almost evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Pour in broth and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream and chives (or scallions); return to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with sauce and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serving size: 3 oz. chicken & 1/4 cup sauce
- Per serving: 274 calories; 15 g fat(5 g sat); 1 g fiber; 5 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 19 mcg folate; 83 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 548 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 33 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 425 mg sodium; 403 mg potassium
Original Recipe from Eating Well