Chicken Parmesan Bake
Tonight I made this Chicken Parmesan Bake and served over a combination of spiralized zucchini and spaghetti squash with lite ricotta on the side. I also made fresh herb and tomato salsa rather than a marina sauce. This was fantastic, had so many wonderful flavors!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Points+: 6 pts • Smart Points 5
Calories: 251 • Fat: 9.5 g • Protein: 31.5 g • Carb: 14 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0
Cholestr: 14 mg
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used gluten free)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted or olive oil (I used olive oil).
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or any that you prefer. I made mine from tomato, fresh herbs.
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
For more great recipes, visit us at http://www.harvestlitecafe.com or http://www.facebook.com/harvestlitecafe
Original recipe was from Skinny Taste. I adapted it to fit GF.