This recipe was from the Hormel website. I took about 25 minutes to prepare and it was great for after work. The flavors were amazing and Ted and I really enjoyed the sundried tomatoes. This was a delicious meal and we will do it again!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 4 to 6 ounces each)
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3-ounce) package HORMEL® Real Crumbled Bacon – Applewood Smoke Flavored
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ cup sliced sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup shredded basil leaves
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic to same pan. Stir 1 minute or until fragrant. Add bacon, cream, mustard and tomatoes; stir until combined.
- Return chicken to skillet. Turn to coat chicken in sauce. Cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in spinach and basil. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan just before serving.