Delicious creamy roasted red pepper chicken flavor. Goes well with fresh vegetables and sweet potato!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper. Simmer and stir to melt the cream cheese into the broth.
- Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet to warm. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes before serving. Slice and serve the chicken covered in the creamy pan sauce.