This recipe was so easy to make and delicious. I have tried several different kinds of tuna cakes and this one was very tasty. I love that each serving was only 160 calories. After being on vacation and not necessarily eating the greatest, it felt great to start back on track with this recipe! Yum!
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, sauté green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tuna and Creole seasoning; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
1 each: 160 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.