Talk about tasty and easy to make…
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 stuffed bell pepper half | Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 327 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 23 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced across horizontally
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (gluten-free recommended)
- 2 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed
- 2 slices provolone cheese, reduced fat
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and the chicken and cook unit browned. Stir in the salt, cayenne, and Balsamic. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the core and seeds. Fill the peppers with the chicken mixture and lay in a baking dish. Add a few tablespoons water to the bottom of the dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
Remove the cover and top each bell pepper half with a half slice of provolone. Put back in the oven uncovered, and bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, 5-10 more minutes.
originally tried this recipe from Skinny Ms.