Gnocchi Chicken Sausage Vegetable Skillet
meal is quick, healthy and gluten free. If you are not a fan of heat when it comes to your eats, skip the crushed red pepper. The meal will still be wonderful and full of flavor!
- 1lb package gluten-free gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12oz package smoked chicken sausage, cut into 1/4” slices (I used Aidell’s)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small summer squash, chopped
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels sliced from cob (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt (homemade seasoned salt if you have it!) and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then turn heat down and keep at a simmer with a lid on top.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a very large (12″+) skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage and onions then saute until sausages begin to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add remaining Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the skillet then add zucchini, summer squash, and sweet corn kernels, season with salt (or homemade seasoned salt) and pepper, and then saute until zucchini and squash are just barely crisp tender, 3-4 minutes (don’t overcook.)
- Turn heat under pot of water up to high then, once boiling, add gnocchi and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add garlic and red chili pepper flakes to skillet with vegetables then saute until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds. Add cherry tomatoes and basil then toss to combine. Scoop cooked gnocchi into skillet then toss to combine. Add chicken broth then simmer for 1 minute or until broth is reduced and a thin sauce has formed. Taste then add more salt and pepper if necessary, and then serve.
Original Gnocchi Chicken Sausage Vegetable Skillet Recipe on Iowa Girl Eats