This Goat Cheese and Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is amazing! Tastes great and is very healthy and low calorie. Ted and I both kept saying things like, oh yum and or this tastes so good! I love that we have eaten so many night in the past 10 months of chicken but because all of the recipes have been so good and different we hardly notice we are eating chicken so much. That is amazing in itself! The hard part of making this elegant dish is choosing the filling. Making a pocket in the chicken breast to hold the stuffing is easy, particularly if you use a good, sharp, thin-bladed knife. Browning the chicken in a skillet before baking gives it a beautiful golden color. Finishing it in the oven ensures that it cooks evenly throughout.
Serves 4 30 minutes or so to prepare
- 2 tablespoons creamy goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (1-1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 °F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2 Combine goat cheese, olives and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- 3 Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- 4 Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers.)
- 5 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 °F, about 20 minutes.
- Per serving: 246 calories; 9 g fat(3 g sat); 1 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 33 mcg folate; 89 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 139 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 54 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 217 mg sodium; 431 mg potassium
Original recipe from eating well.