- 2 lb flank steak, fat trimmed
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs such as oregano, basil or parsley
Pierce steak all over with a fork. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside about 10 minutes at room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine onions, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Let onions sit a few minutes with the salt and balsamic to mellow a bit. Combine with tomatoes and fresh herbs and adjust seasoning if needed.
Calories: 167.5 • Fat: 8.3 g • Protein: 18 g • Carb: 4.7 g • Fiber: 1 g • Sugar: .5 g
Sodium without adding salt: 70 mg