This healthy balsamic chicken skillet has a ton of flavor from tangy balsamic vinegar, salty feta cheese and sweet pomegranates. Not only that, but it’s packed full of veggies and ready in under 30 minutes! Totally love this easy but delicious recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups baby potatoes, sliced into ½ inch cubes (small- cut each baby potato into 4-8 chunks)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ a zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus and zucchini to the pan, give it a stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer the potatoes, asparagus and zucchini to a large bowl and sprinkle with flour. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan (with additional oil if necessary), and cook for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Return the veggies to the pan along with the chicken stock and balsamic vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until sauce simmers and thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with pomegranates and feta and serve immediately.
Calories 429 // Fat 16 g // Saturated Fat 6 g // Cholesterol 87 mg // Sodium 1041 mg // Carbohydrate 40 g // Fiber 6 g // Sugars 8 g // Protein 34 g
Butternut squash is awesome in this recipe! Cook with the same instructions as for the potatoes.