This recipe for herb-roasted turkey breast is amazing and since I have been already looking into fall décor and preparing some ideas for holiday eats, this seemed appropriate for today. I served this with asparagus and rosemary potatoes, absolutely delicious! Love that is it so low in calories too!
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed I used Imperial 40 calories
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 2. Place turkey breast on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan. Spoon some of the butter mixture over the top. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°, basting often with butter mixture.
- 3. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1/3 pound: 104 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Original recipe from Taste of home