This quick and easy jalapeno chicken recipe requires simple ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes. It’s rich and creamy and inspired by Asian flavors. Ted and I both enjoyed it. Very warm but by no means too warm. So flavorful and perfect with the basmati rice.
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken (cut into 2 inch cubes)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 small jalapeno (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- Green onions (thinly sliced)
- Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, garlic paste, ginger paste, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, lemon juice, finely chopped jalapenos, salt, pepper and mix everything together.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 8 minutes on medium high heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the lid and let it cook for a few more minutes When the water has almost evaporated, lower the heat and add cream cheese and heavy cream. Mix thoroughly and cook for about 1 minute.
- Garnish with jalapenos and green onions.
- Serve immediately with rice. Enjoy!
Original recipe from cake whiz