This was a very light tasting but filling dish. Took about 20 minutes to make this one skillet meal. This is also gluten free which is a plus.
- 1lb chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 6oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot or 1/4 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packed Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- juice from 1/2 small lemon
- Add 1 Tablespoon butter and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (oil will keep butter from burning.) Mix flour and lots of salt and pepper in a shallow dish then dredge chicken breasts and add to skillet. Saute until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes a side. Chicken does not have to be completely cooked through. Remove to a plate then set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to skillet then add mushrooms, leeks, and shallot, season with salt and pepper, then saute until mushrooms are golden brown and tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic then saute for one more minute. Add chicken broth and tarragon then nestle chicken back into skillet and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced, and chicken is cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the skillet then stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper if necessary then serve.
original recipe from Iowa Girl Eats