Lemony flavored chicken with a heavenly coating. Prepare this dish and get ready to have your tummy and taste buds rejoice! Ted and I both always love light citrus flavoring with chicken. This recipe was easy to prepare and quick for after work.
Serves 4 prepares in about 40 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- In a small bowl, beat the egg together with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or dish mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika. Dip the chicken in the egg/lemon mixture, then in the seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, melt butter/margarine and brown the coated chicken pieces.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the boiling water, then add the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Pour liquid into skillet. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, turning chicken pieces after 10 minutes, until chicken is tender. Garnish as desired and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
** Total Fat: 15.4
** Cholesterol: 139
** Sodium: 539
** Total Carbohydrates: 7.6
** Sugars: 0.7
** Dietary Fiber: 0.3
** Protein: 25.9