We’re always looking for new, delicious, and healthier twists to use vegetables. This Green Bean and Meatball Stir-Fry is a perfect example of a twist done right. Sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic offer just the right amount of zing with every bite. This recipe was quick to put together and the fresh green beans were amazing!
6 Servings 2 cups each
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon peeled and minced ginger root (about 1-1/2 inches ginger root)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lite (low sodium) soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin, balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions(greens, white bottoms reserved for meatballs)
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons scallion whites
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
Bring a salted pot of water to a boil on the stovetop. Add the green beans to the boiling water and blanch for about 5 minutes, until bright green and slightly tender. Drain.
Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a medium bowl, first stirring and then using hands to blend. Form meat mixture into 16 to 20 small balls.
In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and add the meatballs. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until browned on all sides and cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until well-combined. Add in the green beans and the sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions and serve. Enjoy!
6 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 272 | Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 294 mg | Cholesterol: 103 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 19 g | Smart Points: 8 |