This One-Skillet Mac and Cheese with Sausage and Bell Peppers was so amazingly easy and tasty too! Ted and I have always been fans of Italian sausage and peppers. This was like having that and using the gluten free pasta made it seem like when we use to make sausage and pepper hoagies. It truly was delicious!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 bell red pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni (half a package, 8 oz) Gluten Free
- 18 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 18 oz water
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese (or increase to 1/2 cup)
- In a large skillet cook sausage on medium heat, until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- Add diced bell peppers, dried elbow macaroni, marinara sauce, onion and water. Bring to boil; reduce heat to simmer. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until macaroni is tender, occasionally stirring.
- Add half and half, sprinkle with cheese, and mix everything well. Remove from heat, cover and let it sit for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Original Recipe from Master Cook