This recipe for polenta turkey bake is a combination of ground turkey, garlic, onion, golden mushroom soup and Italian seasoning is sautéed and spooned into a baking dish. It’s topped with prepared polenta slices and baked to perfection for a hearty, delicious meal that’s an absolute winner! Ted and I are fans of polenta and enjoyed this recipe very much!
- 1 1/2 pounds 99% fat free ground turkeyor ground chicken breast (98% lean)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Healthy Request® Golden Mushroom
- 1/2 cup non fat milk
- 1 tube (about 18 ounces) prepared polenta, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
How to Make It
Heat the oven to 375°F.
Cook the turkey, half the garlic and the Italian seasoning in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the turkey is browned, stirring often to separate meat. Spoon the turkey mixture into an 11x8x2-inch baking dish.
Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and remaining garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
Spoon the spinach mixture over the turkey mixture. Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour over the spinach mixture. Top with the polenta.
Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the polenta with the cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until hot.
262 calories for a serving, 6 grams of fat, 485 grams sodium, 31.8 grams of protein, fiber 2.3 grams.
Original recipe from Campbell’s Kitchen