This recipe for pork chops with Dijon herb sauce was delicious! Ted and I both enjoyed the sauce and the pork chops were juicy, tender and full of flavor! Only 30 minutes to prepare!
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 pork chops (22 oz with bone, fat removed), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh herbs like parsley, chives
- In a large skillet melt the butter over moderately low heat.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and boil until it reduces to 1/2 cup, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Put the chops on a platter and pour the sauce over the meat.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 chop with sauce
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 180 calories
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 86.5mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 29g