This recipe was so easy and amazing! Ted and I both agreed it was like something from a very high end restaurant! Although, it was rather in expensive to make. This recipe came from a family circle magazine. Best part one serving only 307 calories. Raspberry anything is good with me!
Serves 4 About 35 minutes for all prep and cook time
1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 rib pork chops, 1 inch thick, about 7 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, vinegar, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, crushing raspberries with a wooden spoon. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat; stir in butter. Keep warm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and sage. Lightly grease grill pan and grill pork chops 5 minutes per side. Place chops in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until internal temperature registers 150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Serve pork chops with warm sauce on the side.
Nutrition Information for Pork Chops with Raspberry Sauce
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 307 cal., 13 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 94 mg chol., 374 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (2 g fiber), 31 g pro.