This hearty Rosemary Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon makes a really big salad – perfect when you want a low-carb meal that will fill you up! I actually split this between three people, and felt completely satisfied. Ted and I have gotten so fond of salads since we have been loving avocado so much! It went together very quickly and tasted, FABULOUS!
- 3 slices center-cut bacon, diced
- 2 boneless, trimmed skinless chicken thighs (4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby arugula or watercress
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 oz avocado, sliced (1 small)
For the rosemary vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook bacon in a large heavy nonstick skillet until crispy, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and set aside.
- Drain the fat but don’t wipe the skillet, leaving any excess oil in the pan to cook the chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and rosemary, cook in the skillet over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Make a bed of the romaine and arugula (or watercress) in a large serving bowl or platter (or divide between 2 plates). Scatter the cherry tomatoes, red onion and bacon on top.
- Slice the avocado, sprinkle with pinch of salt and arrange on salad. Slice the chicken thighs and add to the salad.
- To make the rosemary vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk the ingredients. Pour over the salad and serve right away.
Yield: 2-3 servings, Serving Size: half to a third of the salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 10
- Points +: 10
- Calories: 349
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Sodium: 741mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 29g
Original recipe from skinny taste!