Tonight was a real treat, as Ted and I are beef lovers and this recipe was off the chart GOOD! It took only about 30 minutes to prepare this really delicious recipe. The flavors actually tasted so much better to me than traditional recipes for Salisbury steak. We enjoyed it with a small serving of mashed potatoes and salad. Very nice meal!
- 1 lb. 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 1 oz ham (chopped)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 oz Jarlsberg cheese (grated)
- 4 tsp panko bread crumbs (Gluten Free)
- Parsley for garnish
1. Mix beef with parsley. Divide the beef into 4 portions to make 4 patties or “chopped steaks.”
2. Heat butter in heavy, non-stick skillet. Sear the “steaks” on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove to plate and keep warm.
3. Add onion and ham to the skillet. Cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Add white wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the beef stock. Bring all to boil, reduce to slow simmer and return the “steaks” to the skillet.
4. Cover and cook 10 minutes, turning the steaks in the stock 1 time. Remove steaks from skillet and keep warm.
5. Turn oven broiler on, making sure top rack is at highest position in oven. Add cream to skillet, bring all to boil. Cook to thicken (about 5 minutes). Place steaks on oven-safe serving platter or baking dish. Pour sauce over all. Top each steak with 1/4 ounce of cheese and 1 teaspoon Panko crumbs and place under broiler 1 minutes, until bread crumbs just begin to brown (keep a close watch). Garnish with additional chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Per Serving
- Calories: 268.00
- Fat Content: 17.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 87.00mg
- Sodium Content: 297.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 3.00g
- Fiber Content: 0.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g