Savory Herb Zucchini Pie
Made this Savory Herb Zucchini Pie one this afternoon to have for breakfast this week. Those of you that know me well, know I love veggies for breakfast. When I cut it to get Ted to take a photo he loved the smell and better yet the taste. It truly is savory and very low calorie.
- 3 cups zucchini, cut in quarters & sliced thin
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the zucchini, Bisquick mix, onion, cheese, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Combine the eggs with the oil.
4. Add the eggs and oil mix to the zucchini mix, turning until the it is evenly coated.
5. Pour the mixture into a buttered 10×6 or 9×9 baking dish.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until it turns golden.
7. You can test it by placing a butter knife in the center, if it comes out clean then it is done.
Nutritional Info :
Total fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 21.9 mg
Sodium: 66 mg
Total carbs: 2.8 g
Dietary fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 1.6 g