Just like an Olive Garden makeover, this recipe is a real winner! This saucy one-skillet chicken dish is full of tomatoes, spinach, olives and capers. Try Kalamata olives in place of the green Sicilians or a combination of both. I served this on Gluten Free (GF) pasta and it was amazing!
- 1 14-ounce can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil or other Italian-style seasoning
- 1½ cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ⅓ cup halved Sicilian or other green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 4 4-ounce chicken cutlets (see Tip)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Combine tomatoes, spinach, olives, capers and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper.
- 2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn it over; top with the tomato mixture. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Per serving: 213 calories; 8 g fat(2 g sat); 3 g fiber; 9 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 94 mcg folate; 63 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 7,140 IU vitamin A; 11 mg vitamin C; 128 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 542 mg sodium; 606 mg potassium