This delicious and easy to make recipe has an Asian flair to it. I got home from work and had dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. We both enjoyed the sauce and when I make it again I think I will serve it on brown rice or gluten free pasta. Truly delicious!
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Healthy Request® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Season the chicken. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat (Make sure the skillet and oil are hot before adding the chicken- it will jump start the browning and prevent the chicken from sticking.). Add the chicken and cook for at least 3 minutes before turning (if it doesn’t turn easily give it another minute on that side) then cook until both sides are well browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Add the water to the skillet and heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the soup, peanut butter, soy sauce and ginger and heat to a boil.
Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the cilantro before serving.
Each serving is 228 calories and 11 grams of fat.