This spinach, mushroom and pecan smothered chicken recipe was a delicious meal. Low calorie and easy to assemble. Dinner was ready in 30 minutes. Ted said ” This meal was better than eating out some where” Now that to me is the highest compliment. Serves 4 30 minutes to prepare and serve.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- 2. Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. .
1 each: 203 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Original recipe from Taste of Home