This recipe for steak fajitas was amazing! Everything was so fresh and the veggies were crunchy and crispy good. Ted and I love homemade taco’s and fajitas and although I love to eat Mexican food out, Ted is not that big on a restaurant for Mexican foods. This hit the spot and was very easy to make. Let us know if you try it and if you liked it as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Fajitas Seasoning Mix , divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak , cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 8 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas (GF)
- Shredded Cheese , optional
- Sour Cream , for garnish, optional
- Guacamole , for garnish, optional
Heat olive oil in a large skillet (I always use my cast iron skillet for this) over medium-high heat.
Add bell peppers and onion; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
Transfer vegetable mixture to a plate and set aside.
Add the sliced steak to the skillet; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to a desired doneness.
Stir in the previously prepared veggies; continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
Place fajitas into warm whole wheat tortillas.
Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. (Optional – Not included in the Nutrition Information)