This recipe was so quick to make and clean up. The recipe is packed with a lot of lean protein and veggies. I served this protein-rich meal with brown jasmine rice but you could also use brown rice udon noodles. Ted and I really enjoyed it and felt like it was restaurant quality for sure! If you love Asian you would enjoy this very flavorful dish!
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minuts
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil or safflower oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 oz raw, fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (with or without tails)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen baby corn cobs, thawed and halved crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 hot red chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mirin rice cooking wine
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare teriyaki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; whisk until combined and honey dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet on high, heat 1 tsp grape seed oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and sesame oil and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Keep wok on high and heat 1 tsp grape seed oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with chicken. Heat remaining 1 tsp grape seed oil in wok, and add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken, shrimp and any juice to wok. Add corn and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken and shrimp are cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and chile (if using).
Nutrients per serving (1 1/4 cups): Calories: 280, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 23 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 33 g, Sodium: 454 mg, Cholesterol: 130 mg