This creamy tortellini and vegetable pasta is a real pleaser. To make it even quicker, I used frozen chopped vegetables as well as a couple fresh vegetables . Serve with: A green salad and Gluten free garlic toast. So easy, fast and low calorie! Perfect for weeknight dinner!
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese or ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, dill or chives or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots and snap peas, or 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 16-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon (or dill or chives) and salt.
- 3 Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
- Serving size: about 1¼ cups
- Per serving: 426 calories; 15 g fat(8 g sat); 5 g fiber; 55 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 53 mcg folate; 68 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 6,369 IU vitamin A; 23 mg vitamin C; 300 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 609 mg sodium; 342 mg potassium